Registered Software: 70
Stay informed and
joining the LandXML.org
See LandXML.org members mapped in Google Earth.
View the message archives.
LandXML.org in a Nutshell
Launched January 2000, LandXML.org is committed to providing an non-proprietary data standard (LandXML), driven by an industry consortium of partners. There is no direct cost to join LandXML.org, nor specific level of participation required.
Once you join, stay informed and participate by using the LandXML discussion email list email@example.com.
Thanks to Ladd Nelson for updating the web site UI and layout.
New web application to convert FAA NGS survey data to LandXML-1.2 on web applications.
Expanded domain/email mapping to Google Earth & Google Maps web application
Is your software LandXML Registered and Certified?
Software vendors Apply for Registered Software status today
LandXML.org has resumed active status. Contact us
LandXML Validator & Report Generator on the Web Applications page.
LandXML to SVG Web Application (Works for LandXML-1.0, LandXML-1.1, LandXML-1.2 files)
Is your software application LandXML Registered and Certified?
LandXML.org XML Data Exchange Standards
LandXML-1.2 schema: Ratified/Standardized on August 15, 2008
LandXML-1.1 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 21, 2006
LandXML-1.0 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 17, 2002
LandGML: The collaborative experiment has concluded. Here are comments on the results.
LandXML and U.S. Federal Highway Administration IHSDM
Learn more about how the Federal Highway Administration's Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM) www.ihsdm.org can help produce safer road designs. IHSDM 2006 Public Release (Version 3.00) is now available for download and imports data from road design software supporting LandXML 1.0.
- April 23, 2008 draft of LandXML schema version 1.2 on the Data Specifications page.
- LandXML-1.1 includes direct support for the US Federal Aviation Administration Airports Survey Program (www.airports-gis.faa.gov) in conjunction with the US National Geodetic Survey.
- LandXML-1.1 sample files posted on samples page from AKG Software, Australian ePlan and US FAA.
- See the new LandXML.org Open Source Software page for two LandXML viewer applications with source code.
- The US FHWA IHSDM 2006 Public Release (Version 3.00) is now available for download at www.ihsdm.org.
- LEAP Software's Geomath 6.0.0 Bridge software is now a certified LandXML-1.1 application with support for the new 3D road model.
- Updated LandXML ePlan Workshop materials from the ICSM 2006 Conference, September 2006, Cairns, Australia posted on the Workshops page.
- Ever wondered what LandXML-1.1 design/survey data would look like in Google Earth? Here are some samples produced by transforming LandXML-1.1 files to Google Earth KML files.
- LandXML can be used for all types of applications, including 3D road visualization. Check out Dr. Danijel Rebolj's sample VRML created from LandXML data.
- Transform samples page created to showcase creative uses of LandXML data. Send us your samples for posting!
- Registered LandXML-1.1 application now available from FORUM8 Co., Ltd. UC-win/Road 3.02.
- Spiral curve definitions document and LandXML.org 2006 Presentation posted on the Data Specifications page.
- Format for the Registered Software page now includes application title, web site link, contact email and LandXML support details document (if provided).
- format for the sample files page now includes file size and associated image files. LandXML-1.1 Survey data files posted.
- Registered Application Guidelines on the Registered Application Request Form.
- MTC Corp.,LTD. APS-Mark4 Win UC-win/Road Data exchange tool is the latest LandXML-1.0 registered application.
- LISTECH's LISCAD 7.x is now a registered LandXML-1.0 application. LISCAD sample files posted on the LandXML Sample Files & Demos page.
- 4 new versions of Civil Design, Architecture and 3D visualization software from Autodesk posted on the LandXML Registered Software Applications page.
- ViaNova Systems AS Novapoint version 16.10 is now a LandXML-1.0 registered and certified software application.
- New LandXML utility, LandXML to SMI converter at Civil Cool Tools.
- May 17, 2005 working draft of LandXML-1.1 has been posted. Please review the working draft and change documentation.
- New LandXML-1.1 sample files have been posted to the LandXML Sample Files & Demos page that demonstrate the new road design cross sections.
- Four new sample LandXML files from SBG Geo and TopSURV 5.04 are now available on the Samples & Demos page.
- Topcon's TopSURV 5.04 field controller and data collection software supports LandXML-1.0 import/export, including raw/reduced survey data, and has been added to the registered LandXML application page.
- This week we welcome 9 new colleagues from Israel, Indonesia, Pakistan, Japan, Australia, Canada, and the US. LandXML.org now has participants from 27 countries.
- Work will start in December for enhancing/bug fixing the open source LandXML SDK project. So far we have 4 companies willing to contribute coding time and we would welcome any additional help with coding testing or documentation. Not only is this open source, but a world wide effort with contributors from the US, UK, Canada and China. See the proposed SDK changes here.
- We welcome 8 new colleagues from the US, China, Greece, Australia and the Czech Republic.
- 2 new software applications have been added to the Registered Software page.
- Welcome SITEWELL, using LandXML to publish land use data from the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic.
- This week we welcome new colleagues from Department of Lands, Australia, Geoplus USA, Entellus and an ambitious student from Lewis and Clark State College.
- Welcome Topcon to LandXML.org and 7 new participants this week.
- SiteComp ships SiteComp Survey 4.0 with LandXML import/export support including <Survey> data. Find the new product listed on the Software page.
- International software support for LandXML expands with two new applications: TCP Computing & Surveying - Digital Terrain Model 4.0 (Spain) and Safe Software Inc., FME Suite 2004 (Canada).
- Check out the new freeware and commercial LandXML utilities, not to mention the very impressive LandXML to Geopak Input File Conversion application from JaxLab. "With this new conversion application, LandXML can now be used in every major civil engineering software application in the United States".
- The worlds first eSurvey Completed (all digital survey lodgement).
- The worlds first online cadastral database system.
LandXML-1.2 Data Diagram
LandXML-1.2 Word Doc
Changes since LandXML-1.0 doc
Spiral curve definitions document
LandXML SDK 1.2
LandXML-1.1 Data Diagram
Changes since LandXML-1.0 doc
LandXML SDK 1.1
LandXML-1.0 Sample Files