Registered Software: 70
Stay informed and
joining the LandXML.org
See LandXML.org members from 2006 mapped in Google Earth.
View the message archives.
LandXML.org in a Nutshell
Launched January 2000, LandXML.org is committed to providing an non-proprietary data standard (LandXML), driven by an industry consortium of partners. There is no direct cost to join LandXML.org, nor specific level of participation required.
Once you join, stay informed and participate by using the LandXML discussion email list firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes for LandXML-2.0 posted
The following changes have been posted to the proposed LandXML 2.0 schema:
- Added a road design cross section template table.
- Added a MaterialTable with display and materials attributes for any CoordGeom, CGPoints, cross sections and surface faces elements. This works for any elements derived from <CoordGeom> and <Point3D>.
- Added Pond definition to PipeNetworks → Struct element.
- Added Channel definition type to PipeNetworks → Pipe element.
- Adoption of XML digital signature for signing and sealing LandXML instance content.
LandXML 2.0 – Expanding Interoperability Across The Entire Project Life-cycle
- New LandXML Project Delivery File Specification
- Electronic Signing and Sealing Features for Document Control
- Data file versioning
- Completely portable between applications and office/field
- PointCloud and LIDAR Format for Large Surfaces
- Section Template Formats Supplementing Design Cross Sections
- As-built data collection
- Hydrology Data
- Web Tools to Cross-Check Sections/Alignments to Surface Elevations
LandXML 2.0 (Working Draft) Schema Announced
The LandXML 2.0 (Working Draft) Schema and 2.0 HTML (Working Draft) documentation are now available on the LandXML Schema Versions & Specifications page.
Work is underway on the LandXML 2.0 schema plan. The following major objectives are planned and, as always, all feedback is very welcome:
- Update LandXML 2.0 schema based on current standards: XML 1.1, XML Schema 1.1, XML Namspaces 1.1 and xpath 2.0
- Engage OGC and TransXML to improve adjacent standards interoperability for GIS and business process data flow
- Incorporate 3D Road model improvements from worldwide input
- Enhance 3D/volumetric parcel support
- Enhance data model to better suite intelligent construction data flow
- Add flexible road template definitions
- Define a mimetype for compressed (zipped) LandXML files
- Other additions/changes as needed
Thanks to Ladd Nelson of Carlson Software for updating the web site UI and layout.
New web application to convert FAA NGS survey data to LandXML-1.2 on web applications.
Expanded domain/email mapping to Google Earth & Google Maps web application
Is your software LandXML Registered and Certified?
Software vendors Apply for Registered Software status today!
LandXML.org has resumed active status. Contact us
LandXML Validator & Report Generator on the Web Applications page.
LandXML to SVG Web Application (Works for LandXML-1.0, LandXML-1.1, LandXML-1.2 files)
Is your software application LandXML Registered and Certified?
LandXML.org XML Data Exchange Standards
LandXML-1.2 schema: Ratified/Standardized on August 15, 2008
LandXML-1.1 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 21, 2006
LandXML-1.0 schema: Ratified/Standardized on July 17, 2002
LandGML: The collaborative experiment has concluded. Here are comments on the results.
LandXML and U.S. Federal Highway Administration IHSDM
Learn more about how the Federal Highway Administration's Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM) www.ihsdm.org can help produce safer road designs. IHSDM 2006 Public Release (Version 3.00) is now available for download and imports data from road design software supporting LandXML 1.0.